E-TEK EGO

All the hot gossip and news... What is new in the paintball scene!?!

Moderator: Moderator

E-TEK EGO

Postby FUBAR on Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:28 pm

Etek Ego
added 6/15/2006
The ETek Ego is a completely new Ego designed from the ground up. Although some of the parts are interchangeable with the Eclipse Ego, such as eye covers, LPR cap, Feed Tube etc the majority of the internals, frame, trigger and body are not. They have been designed with simplicity and durability in mind, yet also keep the same high performance expected from an Eclipse Family product.

In order to differentiate between the new ETek range and the Eclipse Ego6 range we have removed some User and Performance features. There is no LCD display, for example, but we have replaced it with 3 True-color LEDs that can be used to display modes, marker condition and used to quickly and easily modify and set parameters whilst in programming mode. There is the potential to have virtually all the adjustability of a standard Eclipse Ego, with ROF cap, Mode, Dwell, Debounce etc however obvious things like Peak ROF indicator, timer etc are lost once the LCD is removed. The Integrated QEVs have also been removed from the rammer system to further differentiate the performance characteristics of the two lines, as has the optical switch used in the trigger mechanism, replaced instead with a more conventional micro-switch.

The ETek is designed and executed using the same philosophy as the original Ego. That is performance, durability, ease of use, ease of maintenance and ease of technical trouble-shooting. In all the areas that the Ego performs so highly in regard to durability and user-friendliness the ETek Ego has it at the very least matched. In some areas, with the removal, for example, of the QEVs, maintenance of the rammer and valve is now even further simplified. We believe that just because this is lower cost product that it shouldn’t use intelligent design or be any less user-friendly than previous Eclipse products.

The ETek will accept all current ‘06 CCU (Color Contrast Kit) and C-Lever Clamping Feeds. It will also accept any 05 or 06 Aftermarket Bolt (Nexus, Dart Etc). It still utilizes Cocker Barrel threads, and has a standard slide-rail ASA mount on the frame.

• Body – New 06 ETek Body. Def Tek offset feed tube, No Frame Tag slot, No Frame Tag, Body-Ported Barb Fittings for Rammer Inlets. Dual ETek Rubberised jewels, ‘Cocker Threads
• Feed Tube – Standard Clamping Feed Tube the same shape, size and fitting method as Ego 5 and 6
• Barrel – New 13” Length, reduced porting, reduced external machining, new formed stick-in rubber badge. ‘Cocker threaded.
• Bolt – New Shape. Much shorter version of Ego 5 Bolt. Same Ramped Top, ramped ball detent grooves, open bolt face, Drilled single hole inlet, plain shape at rear. Interchangeable with all Ego 05 and 06 bolts.
• New Valve Chamber and Valve – Enlarged Valve chamber offers operating pressures of 250-280 psi
• Rammer Housing – New ETek Rammer and Rammer Housing. No QEVs, but direct Fore and Aft Porting to Rammer. Does not accept any Ego 05 or 06 stock OR aftermarket rammers or rammer housings.
• Bolt Pin – New Shape. Plain Turned Pin. Larger diameter to allow easier grip and removal
• Ball Detents – Same as Ego 6
• Eye Covers – Same as ’05 Ego and Ego 6
• LPR – Adjustable LPR. Remodelled cap. Large Valve chamber for low pressure operation.
• FRM – New Shape and Mounting system.
• Inline Reg – New Shape for ‘06 ETek, same internals as and Ego 5 and 6, Swivel Inlet
• Frame – New Shape, larger trigger guard, single push-button, 3 x True-color LEDs, Rubberised aesthetic semi-transparent control console with EGO logo and viewing windows for LEDs, 4 x tapped bottom-line mounting holes. Spring trigger return, micro switch operation. Integrated slide rail/dove-tail
• Trigger – New for ‘06 ETek. Blade profile, radius edges, thinner section, centrally mounted trigger prong for enhanced PCB contamination protection.
• Parameters – Firing Mode, Eye Off ROF, Capped Modes ROF (Semi 1 is Uncapped), Valve Dwell, Debounce, Ball-in-Place
• PCB – New for ‘06 ETek featuring a micro-switch trigger, 3 x True-color LED, Single external push button, single set-up button, all tourney modes: Semi, Capped Semi. Capped Ramping (NPPL, PSP, Millennium compatible), and a locking facility to make tournament legal.
• On/Off/Purge System – same as system found on SL66
• Break-Beam Eyes – High efficiency break-beam eyes and advanced eye logic. Auto-off default.
• Grips – ‘05 Ego and Ego 6 Style mounting. Current grip is same as the existing Ego 6 grip. Soft rubber wrap-around with metal jewel Logo.

Weight: 1.12 kg / 2.47 lb with Barrel, On/Off/Purge, Regulators, Fittings and Battery Length: 508mm / 20.0” with 13” Barrel
Width: 28mm / 1.1” with Eye Covers
Height: 225mm / 8.8” Including Feed Tube and On/Off/Purge Assembly
Attachments
EG19.jpg
EG19.jpg (50.22 KB) Viewed 4264 times
I can out learn you, I can out read you, I can out think you, and I can out philosophize you,... and I'm gonna out last you.
FUBAR
Site Admin

Postby FUBAR on Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:22 pm

More info and pictures at: Planet Eclipse ETEK EGO

Prijs zou 749$ worden naar het schijnt.
Attachments
EG9.jpg
EG9.jpg (84.52 KB) Viewed 4251 times
I can out learn you, I can out read you, I can out think you, and I can out philosophize you,... and I'm gonna out last you.
FUBAR
Site Admin

Postby rasta® on Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:18 pm

Ziet er leuk uit. Vind de grip zelfs nog mooier dan de "echte" ego.

proud member of team-graffiti

First Endeavor Paintball, Empire, E-Vents, Diablo & RPS paintball, KEE Action sports and Virtue
rasta®
Recreational

Postby Pollement on Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:05 pm

Ik vraag me altijd af, is dat geen nadeel dat het bewegend deel aanraakbaar is en dus ook veel vuiligheid ziet passeren ?
[url=www.paintballvalley.be]°°° Proud Member Of Death Valley °°°

Image[/url] Image
Pollement
World Cup player

Postby FUBAR on Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:57 am

FUBAR
Site Admin

Postby zenith on Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:07 pm

Ik vind hem wel knap en voor die prijs.
De proto06 heeft een mooie concurent.
My setup:
PM6 clear --- clear parts
v!rtue inside
VLocity/DXS Puls
Stako + Guerrilla Air LP

zenith
Ghent-Unit member

Postby Angie on Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:28 pm

nadeel, helemaal niet is maar een pin uittrekken en bolt eruit en kuisen, da is een open bolt marker.
Proudly sponsored by

Empire, E-Vents, Diablo & RPS paintball, KEE Action sports,Sly & Planet Eclipse
Angie
League player

Postby FUBAR on Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:05 pm

Open Bolt is nog iets anders hé...
Open-bolt - Describes a marker whose firing sequence begins and ends with the bolt in the back (open) position.

of volgens wikipedia:
The majority of modern paintball markers are semi-automatic, falling under the classification of either "open" or "closed" bolt firing positions, relying on one of 3 major design structures. The first is a gas blowback design whereby the trigger releases a hammer which sends the bolt forward and simultaneously knocks open a valve releasing gas to fire the paintball as well as recock the marker. Autococking markers use a complicated gas pneumatic system to drive a cocking knob back AFTER firing, allowing the marker to fire in a "closed-bolt" format. The third and most advanced type of semi-auto paintball marker is the electropneumatic. Here, the trigger trips an electronic microswitch (or more recently, a laser) and information is passed to a computer controlled solenoid which releases the propellant to drive the bolt forward and fire the paintball, again simultaneously, most often from the "open-bolt" position. This microswitch operation makes the trigger pull very light, and allows for extreme rates of fire. These markers are the most expensive (usually) and advanced of the 3 types and are generally used for tournament play where rates of fire can reach and exceed 25 balls per second.

Wikipedia

en Pollement, dat "bewegend deel" noemt men een Bolt. :P

Dit allemaal enkel en geheel en geheel ter informatie ;)
FUBAR
Site Admin

Postby Pollement on Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:26 pm

ik noem het liever den hamer maar das weer jargon en idd bolt, was ff woord kwijt, maar ja oké je kan het direct kuisen maar krijg je dan geen haper effect als er vuiligheid tussen komt??

aja, ik ken dus nix van da geweer af, ion angel al da je wilt maar dees gun :arrow: :?:

Greetz, Pollement --> thx for info all

Image[/url] Image
Pollement
World Cup player

Postby FUBAR on Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:37 pm

Hamer is nog een ander onderdeel hoor, en geloof me, zowat IEDERE pbmarker heeft een bolt :wink: ook jouw angel...
FUBAR
Site Admin

Postby SunTzu on Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:24 am

iedere marker heeft ook een hamer das da 'zwaar' ding da aan uwen bolt zit en de klep openslaagt. Vandaar de hamer, meestal aangedreven door de ram.

Dit met uitzondering van spoolvalves types zoals matrix, shocker ( new style) en ion. 8)
SunTzu
World Cup player

Postby Pollement on Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:51 pm

zo ver was ik ook :D en bij ion is die uit metaal d8 ik en bij angel uit plastiek ik ken da hamerke goed maar tis gewoon heeft da nu geen nadeeel, oke je kan het direct openen maar toch in de game zelf als der voorbeel iets tussen komt te zitten.

Image[/url] Image
Pollement
World Cup player

Postby fatboy on Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:13 pm

dan moet ge toch al moeite doen om daar iets tusse te krijge
en als het gebeurt ,pech :!:
fatboy
Rental

Postby Kriminal on Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:28 pm

Hoezo zit er in een paintball geweer nen bolt? waw crazy shit :twisted:
°°° Proud Member Of Death Valley °°°