millenium/bpl

Want to stay up-to-date...? Check this forum!

Moderator: BPL

millenium/bpl

Postby kenji on Mon May 21, 2007 10:36 pm

VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON STAKO BOTTLES

PRESS RELEASE
MILLENNIUM SERIES LTD.

NUERBURGRING, MAY 20, 2007

Yesterday late evening H-PAC, the air-supplier of the Millennium Series, found a high pressure bottle leaking out of the body (NOT the regulator) and producing ‘bubbles’ under the surface of the bottle body. This morning 12 ( !) more bottles, with different branding, were found with the same problem. All the bottles were within the necessary regulator dates for technical inspection.

As this is a MAJOR SAFETY & SECURITY ISSUE the Millennium Series in cooperation with H-PAC made the following decision for the sake of the security of all players, visitors, staff and the sport in general:

From today on - until further notice - the Millennium Series Ltd. will not accept ANY bottles produced by the Polish company STAKO at its events anymore. The bottles will not be filled anymore and will be regarded as illegal equipment on the field.

Please be aware that a bottle from a different brand may also be produced by Stako, so please make sure to check for the actual manufacturer of your bottle by carefully reading the printing on the bottle.

As soon as we found out about the problem and had made the decission not to fill any bottles anymore the Millennium organized bottles by other companies and even from teams to help the players with a proper bottle. We tried very hard to organize bottles for everyone to be lend free of charge. Although we know we couldn’t provide a bottle to everyone we want to thank all the players and shop owners that made it possible for us to keep on going with the event in a safe atmosphere.

We thank you all for your understanding and will keep you informed on the matter.

The Millennium-Series Ltd.

hierbij wil ik ook laten weten dat er op de volgende bpl geen stako flessen meer toegelaten zullen worden

dit is enkel voor iedereen zijn veiligheid te garanderen
dank bij voorbaat
euroref
kenji
Serious Sam

Postby redwop on Tue May 22, 2007 3:31 pm

team Crossfire
http://www.xxx-sports.be - Severe - JT - R7 -
redwop
League player

Postby W00dy on Tue May 22, 2007 3:44 pm

Do STAKO bottles blow up?
No, not with normal intended use. They are certified in Europe just as all other paintball tanks used in that part of the world. Pressure tank regulations are not more lax in the EU than in the states. Slightly different yes, but just as safe. I'd go so far as to state they are in fact more demanding if anything.

Someone mentioned a STAKO tank blowing up earlier in the thread.
The ONLY STAKO tank to ever blow up was the one at Madrid last year that some idiot put oil in the fill nipple on. As I hope all of you know this converts a pressurized paintball tank into a FUEL BOMB. As in any paintball tank could be blown up that way.
I won't go into details here, but if you want a technical explanation on the process there's an excellent one over at Angel-owners by Ken Crane.
Anyway, do not use this incident to miscredit STAKO.
Some other tank brands such as Evil/PMI may be stronger (beyond the standard requirements) and might not have blown up from it, but there is no guarantee for that and I seriously doubt it. Perhaps the reg would still have been shot out and perhaps with even more deadly results if the tank did not rupture.

Never ever ever ever ever ever put oil in the fill nipple. If it leaks get a fresh one, they're not that expensive really.

Do STAKO tanks leak?
Yes and no. This requires some explanation.
Some STAKO bottles leak through the wrapping when filled from empty. This is gas from before the liner settles that later escapes through the wrapping and is not a hazard. Neither is the tank (bottle fill inside liner) itself really leaking after the first moments of the fill.

I've had a STAKO for over half a year now. Mine doesn't leak ever. I'm guessing that the tanks that do are newer and need a run-in period to settle the liner. However it can be argued that this running in should be handled by the manufacturer.

What's happened with the MS ban?
H-pac made a bad call on this one. Simple as that. They followed the Luxfer internal company standard when they should have followed the official govenment approval Tüv. Yes if a Luxfer tank (with aluminium liner) leaks through the wrapping it shows that the liner is ruptured and that IS dangerous. But these were not Luxfer tanks.

If you look at the Millennium Series site it has nothing about this incident listed. Why not? If the ban is indeed in place that info is the most important info they've had in years. More important than getting the results list up or listing minor game rule changes.
There's an explanation for this apart from MS being "too busy" as some have put it, to post the ban on their site. In Sweden we have a local series that followed suit and also banned Stako tanks due the the MS ban. That series has quickly lifted the ban after talking to Stako and Millennium series officials. Something is clearly in the works here and I would not be the least surprised if MS retracts the ban within the next few days.
But this last bit is pure speculation on my part and only time will tell what really happens with all this.
W00dy
World Cup player

Postby RoBok-E on Tue May 22, 2007 6:35 pm

Dus mag er niet meer met stako gespeeld worden?? En op VPL?? Zo is het altijd wat om de mensen op kosten te jagen... Eerst speelde ik met een amerikaanse fles en dat mocht niet meer op millennium, nu heb ik een poolse stako en mag het ook niet meer, dus kan ik me terug een andere fles gaan kopen (europees keurmerk)... Zijn die dan 100% betrouwbaar?? Nee, zoiets is nooit 100% veilig en er zullen inderdaad nog ongevallen gebeuren met andere flessen ook. De kans is veel groter dat je een baan oversteekt en je onderste boven gereden wordt, dan dat er zo'n flesje ontploft... Maar ja, safety first zeggen ze en daar moeten we ons dan maar aan houden hé...

My 2 cents
TC RoBok-E TC :twisted:

Team Elementz ++ Team Frozen-PAIN-t-ers
RoBok-E
World Cup player

Postby redwop on Tue May 22, 2007 11:00 pm

Bokkie

als je de BPL press release goed hebt gelezen, is dit niet de bedoeling je op kosten te jagen, men wil enkel meer duidelijkheid ivm het staco verhaal. En wil hier geen enkel risico met lopen.

De BPL zal stelt ook enkele flessen ter beschikking zodat de speler hiervan weinig nadeel zouden van ondervinden.

De organisatie gaat er ook van uit dat dit tijdelijk probleem is (en dat het wel over een productie fout zou kunnen gaan)
team Crossfire
http://www.xxx-sports.be - Severe - JT - R7 -
redwop
League player

Postby zenith on Wed May 23, 2007 9:04 am

Ja laten hopen dat dit maar tijdelijk is. Want ik denk dat zowat iedereen bij ons in het team met stako speeld. Ik ben supper content van die fles.
ik hoop dat het maar een beperkte reeks is die problemen heeft.
My setup:
PM6 clear --- clear parts
v!rtue inside
VLocity/DXS Puls
Stako + Guerrilla Air LP

zenith
Ghent-Unit member

Postby RoBok-E on Wed May 23, 2007 6:50 pm

Ja heb alles goed gelezen en vind het ook goed dat er een alternatief aangeboden wordt door BPL, maar als alles doorgetrokken wordt op millennium zal het wel weer geld kosten hé... Voor mij geen probleem, maar er zullen dan toch mensen zijn die op kosten gejaagd zullen worden en zoals Mr. President Tom zegt speelt onze ganse team met een stako, dus weet ik er al zeker enkelen die er een probleem van zullen maken... Maarja... We zien wel, laat ons inderdaad hopen dat het een tijdelijk of beperkt probleem is...
TC RoBok-E TC :twisted:

Team Elementz ++ Team Frozen-PAIN-t-ers
RoBok-E
World Cup player

Postby michel23 on Wed May 23, 2007 10:16 pm

zal geen probleem worden.
Aangezien een stako pi eu en tuv keuring heeft daarom snap ik millenium zijn probleem ook niet om een type fles af te keuren.
Dit kan net zo goed in een slechte batch van een ander merk zitten.
michel23
League player

Return to News and information