Best rec fields in belgium !!!

What are the best spots to play? Let your fellow paintballers know!

Moderator: Moderator

Best rec fields in belgium !!!

Postby K3th3r on Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:51 pm

We've visited over 10 belgian recball fields now. The best are posted here
I've updated it because I think that safety is a very important issue. When you're new you don't even notice something is unsafe.

http://www.stafort.be

You play on an old Belgian fort wich was used to defend Antwerp as part of a large belt of forts in the great wars. With some great features as knee high grass in wich you can crawl. It still breathes ww2 in my opinion and is a great place for strategic players. The staging area/safety zone(where you wait when you're out) has a great vantage point to watch the ongoing game. There is no netting around this part and I find this very unsafe.

http://www.agimont.be

I think this must be the best & biggest field in belgium. The web-site is not a good representation of the field. 5 different fields and some nice lay-outs. The only downside is the rather long drive, because its it the southern tip of Belgium.

http://www.forest-paintball.be/ I recommend this one for peeps with their own equipment. Nice big place with some nice vegitation (some more obstacles would be nice). Best prices I've seen untill now. I dont like the fact that another field is real close and there is no real seperation between the 2 fields. There is no netting around the terrain whatsoever. When you're out, you walk just beside the gaming terrains with no netting so removing your goggles isn't safe.

This is not meant to be a flamin' post. I will NOT put up fields I dislike here. When you got a field you wanna visit you can drop me a pm and I'll give you some advice if it's one I visited before.

Little Tip: Iff you need an invoice be sure to get some type of payment proof when you step off the field. Some fields dont sent invoices even when asked for several times. This is an issue i experienced 2 times now so watch out for this.
Last edited by K3th3r on Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K3th3r
Rental

agimont adventure

Postby gecko1 on Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:32 pm

Agimont adventure is really the best and biggest paintball field in belgium but in stead of 5 fields they have 12 fiels ( starfun, x-ball, trenches, woodland, a nice farm and the owner promest me theywill soon open a field in the ruines of the castle nearby the field, ...) +
They have set up an intresting deal for players with their own equipment.
:D
gecko1

Postby edraket on Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:04 am

I dont like the fact that another field is real close and there is no real seperation between the 2 fields. There is no netting around the terrain whatsoever. When you're out, you walk just beside the gaming terrains with no netting so removing your goggles isn't safe

Which field you wanna mention ?
If your are a paintballer, you ought to know that you can never remove your goggles until you are in the "safe-zone" !!
There are several fields over there.
We are not allowed to put up netting, some of us are already there for several years now, without any troubles.
I think this thread should be closed because comments like this can cause damage to the fieldowner(s) when people read this !
It is based on only your experience, not on any others.
edraket
Serious Sam

Postby K3th3r on Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:00 pm

I tought a forum was a place where a person can formulate his own opinions and thats all i did here. None of us ever removed our goggles on this walking path because we all know what we are doing exept for our noobs(i was just giving a warning to new players because its rather tempting iff you get shot at the end of the terrain to disgoggle while walkin). I dont know what 'other' terrain it was and i dont care(some players on our field got shot by players on that terrain even while walkin on the path with guns down while refs where even watchin them.) Im sorry for the fact that you are not allowed to put up netting there because in MY opinion that would make it an even better field.

Iff i can i always scout a terrain before realy goin to make sure its good/safe. I organize these things an are therefor responsible for my peeps.
K3th3r
Rental

Postby edraket on Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:32 am

You can give your opinion no problems but keep it simple to the facts !
Do not try to bring people down by mentioning "it is hard to get invoice..."
Try to solve this with the owner in question !
Many people can read this wrong and in the end maybe you can get a lawsuit. It is just a warning, to you and others in the future. Again you can state an opinion but choose your words a little more careful.
You mention a walking path, if this is the path with the field next to you when you played it is the path of another owner and there is a clear sort of borderline with some yellow tape and rope. If you cross this you are on the path of someone else and than you take the risk beeing shot by people playing on that field. They see "armed people" walking and at that moment they cannot see at first sight who these people are.
Noobs are normally told at the safety briefing to ALWAYS keep their goggles on until they reach the safe zone, I know this is difficult.
It is a possibility that you were on my site, walking the path but my refs always watching closely the customers ! I am sure that they would not let other people get shot, when they do this, they were probably under fire of your group. I do not wish to start an endless yes and no game, I just wanted to clear up some things, that you ought to take care what you say on forums. You never know who is watching.
edraket
Serious Sam

competitie spelers met eigen paint

Postby agimont adventure on Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:26 pm

Vanaf zondag 2/04 kan men paintballen met eigen wapen en eigen paint bij agimont adventure walking fee 25€. toegang tot 12 paintball fields en 2 sup'air
agimont adventure
Recreational

Postby the antverpian pirate on Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:28 am

Well to be honest i am with K3th3r
Ive also bin to the field from edraket i even worked there a couple off times and the borderline is indeed bad
there is a rope with yellow tape indeed and i never played an entire day on either of the fields without noting that certain people crossed the border to get better cover or something
ive also seen people shooting each other over the borderline without any real reason exept that they wanted to shoot at somebody offcoarse i told them to quit since i was marsheling at one of those times but by then its alyet to late offcoarse
the refs aint that bad or at least that was when i still played there but i alyet heard stories of one of the refs taking his girlfriend with him and leaving the other ref with al the work
but i do have to admit that there never was a problem with the safety zone ok there are no nets around it but there are a lot of treas arround it and the borders are marked and there is a litle pool next to it so thats pretty safe

and sorry ed this aint personal or anything but it do is the thruth so dont attack people when they say it like K3th3r just buy nets and get some more motivated refs
and iff you think its lame from me to attack you without reveiling my identety here it is im cedric
the antverpian pirate
Rental

Postby edraket on Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:18 am

Yes, Cedric, I do know you !
But before you make statements you have to ask a question by yourself :
are these siteowners allowed to place nets or other things to make things safer ? Well here is the answer NO WE ARE NOT !
We have some strict rules on our fields that we have to live by.
You did help out a few times but I will not go deaper into that because this is not the issue here.
I always had 'good' marshals except for a few, the exceptions you know real well, don't you ?
Talking about the ref with his girlfriend is also not the issue here either.
You said it ! You "heard stories" well it are all stories !!
I will get to you with a pm.
I did not attack topic starter, I just wanted to say that he should be more careful in making statements that is all !
You try to make my field like it is a bad place to play, why you do that ?
Why all in English, do it in flamish.
I just had a big company who played at our site last weekend and I got mails to make complements for the good service/marshals etc...
This is not just one happy customer, we have satisfied customers every week !
Any way this topic is more than 1 year old, everything is said.
It is a pitty that some people have to kick after events happened ! Cedric if you know what I mean.
edraket
Serious Sam

Postby the antverpian pirate on Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:47 am

Ik weet ook wel dat je me kent anders zou ik men naam ook niet zeggen he dan zou het niet veel nu hebben maar ik vind het alleen laf om anoniem te klagen
en ga je nu echt beweren dat jou veld en dat van de buren gesloten gaat worden als jullie er langs de randen netten rondhangen om de veiligheid van de wandelaars die op de paden naast jullie veld lopen te verbeteren
op sommige plekjes is er een wandelpad op ongeveer 5 meter van het veld ik heb het zelf ook al meegemaakt dat we even moesten wachten met schieten todat de wandelaars voorbij waren dat kun je nu niet echt veilig noemen he

wel als ik en zeno zon slechte marschalls waren hoe komt het dan dat je ons hebt teruggevraagd en zeg nu niet dat je het deed om ons een pleziertje te doen he en de reden waarom ik ben gestopt was omdat je achter mijn rug tegen zeno over mij was aan het zagen ipv in mijn gezicht als je echt een probleem met mij hebt
de ref en zijn vriendin zijn idd het probleem niet maar als ie daardoor zen job niet goed doet (lees niet mee op het veld gaan tijdens de games) is er wel te weinig controle op alle spelers
welja de kerel die me die verhalen heeft verteld vind ik persoonlijk toch geloofwaardiger dan jij aangezien ik hem al vanaf men 5 jaar ken
en geloof me vrij het is absoluut niet men bedoeling om je failiet te krijgen ofzo maar ik vind het gewoon wat hypocriet dat je hier zit te doen alsof je neus bloed
zoals jezelf al hebt gezecht laten we er geen ja en nee spelletje van maken maar ik ben het wel eens met de topic starter dat er een paar dingen bij jou en je buren mogen worden aangepast om het echt twee goede en veilige velden te maken
je hoort me ook niet zeggen dat je het slechtste veld van de wereld hebt ofzo maar doe ook een beetje je best om het wat veilig te maken/houden en als je commentaar krijgt zit dan niet te proberen alles af te wimpelen dat wij het uit onze duim zuigen ofzo want dat is niet het geval
als je wilt kan ik ook voorbeelden geven van bv toen ik samen met jou en zeno naar holland ben gereden om daar te reffen bij die bende op dat prive terrein maar het is niet mijn bedoeling je af te kraken neem gewoon je verantwoordelijkheid en zie dat het allemaal veilig verloopt voor je klanten en de voorbijgangers van je veld
en dat je complimeten krijgt van noobs voor een plezante dag vind ik eigenlijk helemaal niet zo raar paintball is idd een leuke sport en nog iets anders belangerijk noobs zien het ook niet direkt in of een situatie gevaarlijk is of niet waarom heb je anders refs die de hele tijd tegen iedereen zeggen hou je masker op je kop

en ok ik ben idd mischien oude koeien uit de sloot aan het halen (dat had ik eigenlijk niet geizen aangezien de laatste reply van vorige maand was maarja)maar dat maakt ze nog altijd niet minder waar
the antverpian pirate
Rental

Postby Enya on Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:59 am

De betreffende velden zijn mij niet onbekend, bij mijn weten zitten of zaten daar 3 paintball terreinuitbaters. De veiligheid was er idd niet om over naar huis te schrijven, maar ik begrijp ook wel dat ze met gebonden handen zitten (ivm gemeente toelatingen enzo).

Ik hoop ten zeerste dat jullie je geschil onderling gaan uitpraten, want persoonlijk vind ik dit forum niet de geschikte plaats om met modder te gaan gooien. Het interesseert me dan ook niets om jullie persoonlijke vete te gaan zitten lezen.

Wat ik echter wil toevoegen aan het topic:

Of het voor het ganse veld geldt, dat weet ik niet, maar volgens mij is dat privaat gebied en staat er zelfs een bordje. Die wandelaars horen daar zeker niet thuis (maar ach, iedereen kan weleens "verdwalen").

Wat betreft de veiligheid:
het is niet te doen om heel uw veld te omspannen, maar waarom zou je de safety zone dan niet beveiligen? Hang een net rond de safety zone, zo groot is die niet en dan heb je nooit zever. Is zelfs extra veilig als je een tafel langst de speelzijde zet (zo kan er nooit per ongeluk een wapen afgaan in de safety zone, en de wapens liggen kort genoeg bij om toch toezicht te kunnen houden).

Is maar een tip he gasten, dit lijkt mij echt wel haalbaar.
Paintballgreetz,
MJ

Proudly sponsored by XXX-sports | Proto | New Designz | Tomahawk
Enya
Serious Sam

Postby agimont adventure on Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:15 am

Enya wrote:De betreffende velden zijn mij niet onbekend, bij mijn weten zitten of zaten daar 3 paintball terreinuitbaters. De veiligheid was er idd niet om over naar huis te schrijven, maar ik begrijp ook wel dat ze met gebonden handen zitten (ivm gemeente toelatingen enzo).

Ik hoop ten zeerste dat jullie je geschil onderling gaan uitpraten, want persoonlijk vind ik dit forum niet de geschikte plaats om met modder te gaan gooien. Het interesseert me dan ook niets om jullie persoonlijke vete te gaan zitten lezen.

Wat ik echter wil toevoegen aan het topic:

Of het voor het ganse veld geldt, dat weet ik niet, maar volgens mij is dat privaat gebied en staat er zelfs een bordje. Die wandelaars horen daar zeker niet thuis (maar ach, iedereen kan weleens "verdwalen").

Wat betreft de veiligheid:
het is niet te doen om heel uw veld te omspannen, maar waarom zou je de safety zone dan niet beveiligen? Hang een net rond de safety zone, zo groot is die niet en dan heb je nooit zever. Is zelfs extra veilig als je een tafel langst de speelzijde zet (zo kan er nooit per ongeluk een wapen afgaan in de safety zone, en de wapens liggen kort genoeg bij om toch toezicht te kunnen houden).

Is maar een tip he gasten, dit lijkt mij echt wel haalbaar.

Wat is dat allemaal met dat netten. In de briefing word duidelijk vermeld dat het masker enkel mag afgezet worden in de veilige zone, en dat is toch duidelijk.
Natuurlijk zijn er gasten die hun masker er voor afzetten, zelfs in het speelveld.
Nu netten kosten niet zo echt veel wanneer ge wat gaat surfen op het net.
Wij zijn bijvoorbeeld over een afstand van zo'n 1900 meter netten aan het spannen, kostprijs ligt niet zo echt hoog maar wie reeds bij ons is geweest weet dat het op sommige plaatsen vrij dicht bebost is en daar een net spannen van 3 meter is geen sinecure en vraagt wel wat werk.
Maar laten we eerst en vooral onze bussines veilig maken en daarna de rest aanpakken.
Laat het duidelijk zijn dat wij vragende partij zijn voor méér paintballfields maar dan wel proffesionele en niet een paar gasten die met bijeengeraapte wapens wat paintballspelletjes beginnen te spelen.
Ik weet ook wel dat wij zo begonnen zijn maar dat is alweer 10 jaar geleden, maar tegenwoordig lijkt mij dat niet meer haalbaar.
Laten we het vooral plezant en veilig spelen.
Vanaf deze zomer hebben wij een terrein van 80ha waar zij die met eigen materiaal willen spelen kunnen spelen aan 15 euro per dag, mogelijkheid om te kamperen op het terrein. Omdat we er ook nogal wat vraag naar krijgen verkopen wij GOEDE paint (dit weekend getest) aan 42 euro de doos.
Tot hoors
agimont adventure
Recreational

Postby FUBAR on Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:34 am

Inderdaad, safety first... maar mensen hou het alstublieft ON-TOPIC, persoonlijk wríjvingen edm bespreken jullie over PM!
I can out learn you, I can out read you, I can out think you, and I can out philosophize you,... and I'm gonna out last you.
FUBAR
Site Admin

Postby the antverpian pirate on Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:37 am

Enya wrote:Ik hoop ten zeerste dat jullie je geschil onderling gaan uitpraten, want persoonlijk vind ik dit forum niet de geschikte plaats om met modder te gaan gooien. Het interesseert me dan ook niets om jullie persoonlijke vete te gaan zitten lezen.

Wel echt een persoonlijke vete zou ik het niet noemen
maar ik heb het op dit forum en andere al gelzen als iemand eddie een opmerking geeft over zen veld dat eddie nogal aanvallerig uit de hoek kan komen en volgens hem alleman en iedereen ongelijk heeft en dat hij de veiligste en beste service bied en daar stoor ik me wat aan (of toch min of meer)
maar je hebt idd gelijk dat het voor niemand echt interesant is om te lezen hoe het daar allemaal zit dus zal ik er maar over ophouden

en wat de netten betreft heb ik het niet zozeer over de veiligheid van de spelers want die hebben idd een masker aan en zijn op de hoogt dat er gepaint word
maar dan heb ik het over de wandelaars die naast het veld wandelen op wandelpaden die voor zover ik weet geen prive terrein zijn of er is toch niemand die dit controleerd dus wandelen de wandelaars er maar op los en die paden komen soms heel dicht naast het veld en die mensen hebben geen maskers aan
dus daar zouden netten gehangen moeten worden tussen de velden zou ook handig zijn niet voor de veiligheid maar eerder om de groepen/velden gescheiden te houden
en rond de safety zone zou het om goed te zijn ook moeten maar zoals ik al zij daar heb ik nog nooit een balletje weten neerkomen terijl er op het veld gespeeld werd dus dat zit wel goed
the antverpian pirate
Rental

Postby Enya on Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:42 am

dat je je masker niet mag afzetten voor je in de safety zone bent, daar ben ik het absoluut mee eens.

Het probleem echter was dat de safety zone (van het veld waar ik was) vrij open was en dat men vlak voor onze neus aan het paintballen was. Het is een paar keer voorgevallen dat er balletjes door de safety vlogen, een wonder dat er nooit iets gebeurd is.

Aangezien dit een no-flaming topic is, je kan me in pm altijd vragen over welk veld ik het heb.
Paintballgreetz,
MJ

Proudly sponsored by XXX-sports | Proto | New Designz | Tomahawk
Enya
Serious Sam

Postby the antverpian pirate on Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:47 am

ik weet over welk veld je het hebt dat is het veld naast hetgene waar ik het over heb :wink:
maarja we gingen stoppen he :oops:
the antverpian pirate
Rental

Next

Return to Where To Play?!